Tyson Fury told to stop ‘screwing around’ and fight rival Oleksandr Usyk
Tyson Fury’s popular Netflix show has been labelled “bulls***” by the man himself. ‘At home with the Furys’ is an eight-episode fly-on-the-wall series which follows the life of the WBC world heavyweight champion and his family.
Interest is high for the show, with over 2.5 million viewers checking out the first episode on the streaming service alone. The documentary takes a closer look at the Gypsy Kind’s life away from the ring and is described as a “hilarious and heartfelt docusoap”.
But despite starring in the series alongside dad John, brother Tommy, wife Paris and all of their children, boxing champ Tyson was less than impressed with the final output, claiming that it did not portray and accurate representation of his life outside the ring.
Appearing on Sundae Conversation with Caleb Pressley, Fury said: “Netflix didn’t want to film the whole reality. (It’s) proper bulls**t. I said you need to film me taking a s**t, you need to film me having a shower, you need to film me in the bath and they said, ‘Nope, can’t do it’.”
Filming started soon after Fury defeated Dillian Whyte at Wembley and subsequently announced his retirement from boxing in April 2022. But after performing a U-turn on that decision, the series eventually shows his preparations for his most recent fight against Derek Chisora in December last year.
Although the full eight episodes were completed, the WBC champion revealed that he tried to back out of his deal with Netflix early doors.
Speaking to Capital XTRA breakfast, the 35-year-old said: “I wanted out. I was like, couple of weeks in, I said: ‘Is there any way [out]?’
“I’d be on the phone with my lawyers. ‘Is there any way I can get out of this? I don’t know what I’ve signed up for again. I never said I’d do it again. I’ve done it again, I’ve made a mistake’.”
Tyson Fury brands Mike Tyson’s involvement in Francis Ngannou fight ‘sad'[LATEST]
Dillon Danis in ‘real fight’ threat to Jake and Logan Paul[THREAT]
Wilder’s coach throws Anthony Joshua fight into doubt after agreement claims[UNCERTAINTY]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fury will face former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou in Saudi Arabia on October 28, but his championship belt will not be contested.
And despite previously trying to wriggle out of his contract with Netflix, according to Sportbible, it is believed that Fury has given the go-ahead for filming to start on a second series.
Fury’s wife Paris recently gave birth to the couple’s seventh child, a baby boy. They are already parents to Venezuela, 13, Prince John James, 10, Prince ‘Tutty’ Tyson, six, Valencia, five, Prince Adonis Amaziah Fury, four and two-year-old Athena.
Source: Read Full Article