Scottish Premiership round-up: Aberdeen ease to Hamilton win

Aberdeen built on the momentum of their Scottish League Cup semi-final win to ease their way past Hamilton 3-0 on Wednesday.

The Dons were 1-0 winners against Rangers on Sunday and maintained their winning streak in the Scottish Premiership clash.

Skipper Graeme Shinnie opened the scoring after just eight minutes, with the on-loan Manchester United striker James Wilson adding a stunning second from 25 yards.

Mikey Devlin scored the third from even further out, but was aided by Gary Woods’ weak attempt to save. Accies also had captain Dougie Imrie sent off in injury time.

Motherwell eased their concerns at the wrong end of the table with a clinical 2-0 victory over an abject St Mirren.

The victory, just the Steelmen’s second in 10 league matches, was sealed by goals either side of half-time from David Turnbull and Chris Cadden.

St Johnstone winger Matthew Kennedy’s early goal was enough to secure all three points at Livingston.

Brendan Rodgers chalked up his 100th win as Celtic boss with a 5-0 demolition of Dundee at Dens Park.

Australia midfielder Tom Rogic celebrated his 150th appearance for the Hoops in the 19th minute with a wonderful opener before further goals from Scott Sinclair, from the spot, James Forrest and striker Odsonne Edouard had the
points secured by the interval.

Ryan Christie made it five just three minutes after the break.

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon and Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal were both floored by missiles during a chaotic goalless Edinburgh derby.

Zlamal was quickly able to continue after the latest in a series of flashpoints moments after Hibs striker Florian Kamberi received a second yellow card in the 65th minute following a mass confrontation that saw angry scenes in the technical area as well as on the Tynecastle pitch.

Hearts were celebrating in stoppage-time when Clevid Dikamona headed home but the goal was disallowed for offside and seconds later Lennon appeared to be struck by a coin in the face.

Lennon – who was attacked by a fan on the touchline at Tynecastle while Celtic manager – fell to the deck but was soon back on his feet after treatment.

Rangers failed to provide boss Steven Gerrard with the reaction he was looking for as they followed up their Scottish League Cup semi-final disappointment with a frustrating 1-1 Ibrox draw against Kilmarnock.

Alfredo Morelos returned to the Rangers line-up after being suspended for the sorry cup exit to Aberdeen and quickly put them ahead. But Greg Stewart swept home a stunning equaliser soon after to seal a share of the points.

Source: Read Full Article