Newcastle ‘eye up Bournemouth’s Dominic Solanke and Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah’ as Eddie Howe looks for reinforcements over fears of a lengthy layoff for star man Callum Wilson
- Newcastle are interested in signing Dominic Solanke and Eddie Nketiah
- Newcastle became the richest club in world football following their takeover
- They are looking to sign a striker to offset the loss of goalscorer Callum Wilson
- Solanke is Bournemouth’s top scorer and could be a difficult target to secure
- Nketiah has six months left on his deal at Arsenal after rejecting extensions
Newcastle have reportedly registered an interest in signing Bournemouth’s Dominic Solanke and Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah.
Newcastle became the richest club in world football after being taken over by the Saudi Public Investiment Fund, and are said to be gearing up for a big transfer window.
Nketiah could be an attainable target for Newcastle during the January transfer window as he only has six months left on his deal at Arsenal. However, Solanke’s signature could be difficult to secure considering he is Bournemouth’s top goalscorer.
Newcastle are interested in Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah and Bournemouth’s Dominic Solanke
Newcastle are desperately trying to purchase a striker to offset the potential loss of their top goalscorer, Callum Wilson.
Wilson limped off towards the end of the first half during the 1-1 draw with Manchester United on December 27.
He went down clutching the back of his lower leg and Eddie Howe said after the game that he was unsure as to the extent of the problem.
Newcastle will have a better understanding of how serious his injury is after further scans take place at the end of this week.
In the meantime, The Magpies will continue to pursue both Solanke and Nketiah in the January transfer window, according to The Telegraph.
Newcastle are trying to purchase a striker to offset the loss of their goalscorer, Callum Wilson
They are keen on Solanke as he has scored 18 times in 25 games for Bournemouth this term
Solanke has caught the attention of the Newcastle chiefs thanks to his outstanding campaign with Bournemouth.
Solanke scored 15 in 40 games last year and has since gone on to score 18 times in 25 fixtures for Scott Parker’s side this term.
As a result, Bournemouth find themselves top of the Championship. Therefore, prising Solanke away from the Cherries may be difficult.
Nketiah only has six months left on his contract at Arsenal after turning down a number of extension offers from the Gunners this term.
The 22-year-old is keen to leave the north London club to gain greater first-team experience.
As it stands, Nketiah is yet to start a Premier League games this season and has only come off the bench on three occasions.
They are also interested in Nketiah – who only has six months left on his contract at Arsenal
His only opportunities to impress have come in the Carabao Cup, in which he has netted five goals in three games to help fire Arsenal into the semi-finals.
His latest goals in the competition saw him net his first senior club hat-trick in the 5-1 victory against Sunderland in last month’s quarter-final.
As a result, Nketiah has scored 18 goals in 71 appearances for the Gunners since being handed his first-team debut by Arsene Wenger in September 2017 in a Europa League match against BATE Borisov.
According to The Telegraph, Newcastle have also made a £22.5million bid for Everton defender Lucas Digne with midfielder Sean Longstaff offered as part of the deal.
Newcastle have also made a £22.5million bid for Everton defender Lucas Digne
Digne has fallen out of favour with Everton boss Rafa Benitez, who has opted to play right-back Seamus Coleman on the left and even centre-back Ben Godfrey.
Reports have claimed that the pair fell out over a disagreement about Benitez’s coaching methods.
The last game Digne played in was the 4-1 loss to rivals Liverpool on December 1, with Benitez since snapping up Dynamo Kiev left-back Vitaliy Mykolenko.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article