Man Utd dealt Jesse Lingard transfer blow as Serie A duo snub offer to sign Red Devils ace

Man Utd: Can Solskjaer lead team to title?

Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard’s future at the club appears to be plagued with uncertainty ahead of next season. The 28-year-old has not played a single minute of Premier League football since the start of the campaign, with boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer instead opting to include him in just three domestic cup matches all season.

Lingard, a product of United’s academy, has played over 200 times for the club throughout his career but looks set to move on before his contract expires next year.

United triggered an extension clause last month to stretch his deal until the end of next season.

Despite this, the Red Devils are happy to let the midfielder leave but are struggling to find potential suitors, according to reports.

Italian outlet Calciomercato has claimed that Serie A duo AC Milan and Inter have both turned down the chance to sign Lingard in recent months.

United are said to have reached out to both clubs, with Milan having been contacted during the summer before their city rivals were alerted more recently.

JUST IN: Man Utd ‘in talks’ to beat Real Madrid to January transfer swoop

Inter have successfully dealt with the Red Devils on a number of previous occasions, with the likes of Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku and Ashley Young all making the switch from Manchester in recent seasons.

However, boss Antonio Conte reportedly made it ‘very clear’ to United that the prospect of landing Lingard ‘does not stimulate Inter’.

Solskjaer claimed towards the end of last season that the 24-cap England midfielder could still have a role to play under his management.

“Jesse is a part of the club and he’s worked really hard,” Solskjaer told the club website.

“He deserves his chance to come back in and we know his qualities. We know that Jesse’s got different qualities to other players and he knows that we value him.”

United are closing in on a number of other exits, with Timothy Fosu-Mensah poised to join Bayer Leverkusen after arriving in Germany on Tuesday.

Sergio Romero and Marcos Rojo, who are both out of contract at the end of the season, will also be allowed to leave the club this month.

Young pair Brandon Williams and Daniel James have been tipped to depart on loan before the end of the window, but it has emerged that they are both likely to remain ahead of United’s involvement in the Europa League knockout stages in February.

The Red Devils will take on Real Sociedad next month over two legs for a place in the competition’s round of 16.

Source: Read Full Article