Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte says he will not move Christian Eriksen into a deeper midfield position in an effort to get the best from the struggling Danish midfielder.
Eriksen joined Inter from Tottenham in January on a four-and-a-half-year contract but less than 12 months into the deal the 28-year-old is yet to settle into life in Italian football.
Once one of the Premier League's most creative players, Eriksen has not produced an assist or scored a goal for Inter this season.
And earlier this week, Lukaku urged Eriksen to learn Italian to help his adaption at the San Siro.
Inter face Torino on Sunday and are five points behind leaders AC Milan.
Ahead of the match, Conte was asked about Eriksen's situation and dismissed suggestions a shift in position would bring out the best in the player.
"I don't know about the language. As I said before, I always make choices for the good of Inter and therefore I try to do everything in the right way," Conte told Italian media.
Get the latest news straight into your inbox!
It has been a hectic season so far – so make sure you don't miss a single thing by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
All the latest transfer news and big stories will land straight into your inbox. You won't miss out.
To sign up, put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.
"Eriksen has had many opportunities since the beginning of the year and has played more than many team-mates.
"When I deem it appropriate, he will play in the opening 11 or in a game in progress, otherwise I will make other decisions.
"As for the role, in my opinion he cannot play in front of the defence.
"He has an important shot, right and left, so putting him in front of the defence would totally distort him. This is my technical evaluation."
Source: Read Full Article