Lewis Hamilton's 'natural ability is fantastic' says Button
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Austrian Grand Prix: LIVE
- Max Verstappen set to start from pole position
- Lando Norris makes first front-row start of F1 career
- Mercedes duo of Lewis Hamiton and Valtteri Bottas start 4th and 5th respectively
- Verstappen leads F1 Drivers’ Championship by 18 points from Hamilton
- Red Bull leads F1 Constructors’ Championship by 40 points from Mercedes
1:45pm: While it might be a potentially huge day for Norris and McLaren, it’s a damage limitation exercise for the team that has dominated F1 for the past seven years.
Mercedes have Hamilton down in fourth and Bottas in fifth, which means they face a mountainous task to try to get up to the sharp end and affect the race from a strategy point of view.
Hamilton has already written off his chances of victory today. But you never know in this sport. One good start from the world champ and a bad first few corners from Verstappen could throw things up in the air very swiftly indeed.
1:40pm: It’s a huge day for Lando Norris, who secured his first F1 front-row start with a blistering lap that was just 48 thousandths of a second shy of Verstappen’s pole time.
The Englishman could throw a spanner in the works of Red Bull’s plans today if he can beat Verstappen to the first turn.
Expect him to go “full send” in a bid to take the lead. And from there? Who knows just how his day might pan out. But if he can secure a top five finish, that’ll be considered a good day’s work for the McLaren team.
1:30pm: Good afternoon, and welcome to Express Sport’s live coverage of the Austrian Grand Prix. For the second week in a row, the action comes to us from the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria.
It’s the home track of Red Bull Racing, and Max Verstappen dominated proceedings as he cruised to an easy win here last week.
Can he do the same again today? Follow along with us and we’ll find out together!
Austrian Grand Prix: Starting Grid
1. Max Verstappen | 2. Lando Norris
3. Sergio Perez | 4. Lewis Hamilton
5. Valtteri Bottas | 6. Pierre Gasly
7. Yuki Tsunoda | 8. George Russell
9. Lance Stroll | 10. Carlos Sainz
11. Sebastian Vettel* | 12. Charles Leclerc
13. Daniel Ricciardo | 14. Fernando Alonso
15. Antonio Giovinazzi | 16. Kimi Raikkonen
17. Esteban Ocon | 18. Nicholas Latifi
19. Mick Schumacher | 20. Nikita Mazepin
*Vettel penalised three grid places for blocking during qualifying
Source: Read Full Article