The NBA Draft is underway, with America’s hottest basketball talent finding out where their new homes are.
There was no unanimous agreement over who would go No. 1 this year, unlike 2019 with Zion Williamson, and everyone was waiting to see what the top of the draftboard would look like.
Minnesota had first crack and selected Anthony Edwards from the University of Georgia. Golden State scooped up James Wiseman with the second pick and Charlotte selected LaMelo Ball third overall as he joins his brother Lonzo in the NBA.
According to Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer, NBA legend and Hornets owner, Michael Jordan, gave his franchise the green light to recruit Ball and his wish was granted.
Ball spent last season honing his craft Down Under in the NBL and is now ready to graduate to the NBA.
1. Anthony Edwards (Minnesota Timberwolves)
2. James Wiseman (Golden State Warriors)
3. LaMelo Ball (Charlotte Hornets)
4. Patrick Williams (Chicago Bulls)
5. Isaac Okoro (Cleveland Cavaliers)
6. Onyeka Okongwu (Atlanta Hawks)
7. Killian Hayes (Detroit Pistons)
8. Obi Toppin (New York Knicks)
LaMelo Ball is now a Hornet.Source:Getty Images
Source: Read Full Article