MMA fighter allowed to carry on after being BRUTALLY knocked out

MMA fighter allowed to carry on after being BRUTALLY knocked out by head kick 11 SECONDS into amateur fight in Brazil… with referee in hot water for letting sickening punishment continue before waving it off

  • Referee Kleber Lopes made massive error in allowing the fight to continue  
  • Amateur event in Sau Paulo was marred by sickening scenes in one of the fights  
  • Michael Douglas was knocked out and then almost instantly TKO’d after restart 

Sickening footage has emerged of an MMA fighter getting TKO’d after inexplicably being allowed to continue having just been knocked out cold by a head kick. 

The amateur event in Sao Paulo, Brazil, was held by Copa Thunder de MMA Amador and has drawn widespread criticism for the inexperienced referee’s dreadful error. 

The official himself, Kleber Lopes, had no refereeing experience and was described as an ‘intern’ by the commissioning body CANMMA, who issued a statement of apology. 

Jessian Lucas landed a head kick clean to the jaw of Michael Douglas and knocked him out 

For some reason the referee Kleber Lopes allowed the fight to continue before halting it

In the fight, Jessian Lucas delivered a clean head kick knockout of Michael Douglas just 11 seconds into their 198-pound contest. 

Douglas was lying prone on the mat and the referee looked unsure of what to do next. He did nothing and Lucas then came in with heavy ground and pound, adding insult to injury, particularly as ground strikes to the head were banned in this event.

It was then that the referee intervened, leading everyone to think it was just a very poor late stoppage of the fight. 

But then Lopes gave time for Douglas to stand back up and gather himself temporarily before allowing the fight to carry on. 

Both fighters touched gloves and then Lucas delivered the final killer blow with his right hand before the referee waved the contest off for good. 

Anderson Ulysses, vice-president of CANMMA, released a statement recognising the errors and apologizing to the athletes.

‘At 11 seconds of the first round, Michael was knocked out by a high kick to the head and the referee made his first mistake, not interrupting the fight,’ the statement read. 

‘He committed the second mistake by allowing the fight to continue with the athlete unconscious.’

Douglas had to endure more punishment with a right hand landing flush to the jaw

The contest was eventually waved off after the defeated fighter had hit the canvas again

‘We apologize to the athletes, teams, MMA fans and Thunder Fight for the mistakes committed due to lack of experience of the professionals. 

‘We inform that the referees that committed the mistakes were interns who were getting tested and had no experience as referees, but had undergone rule courses previously.’

Lopes is not permitted to step into the octagon as a referee again until he completes further education and courses.   

Share this article

Source: Read Full Article