Red Bull boss makes Sebastian Vettel return decision – who will partner Max Verstappen?

Sebastian Vettel will not be returning to Red Bull, according to team chief Helmut Marko.

Ferrari star Vettel has come under huge pressure after failing to end his team’s 12-year Championship drought.

The German has been linked with leaving the Italian team for former side Red Bull, where he won four consecutive world titles.

However, Marko ruled out any possibility of that ever happening.

The Red Bull chief says he will decide between current driver Alex Albon and Toro Rosso pair Pierre Gasly and Robert Kubica, to race alongside Verstappen.

“I have no idea what Vettel’s future is,” Marko told Speed Week.

“We had some wonderful years together, but we have our four drivers.”

Vettel struggled at the Italian Grand Prix on Sunday as an early mistake led to him receiving a 10 second stop-and-go penalty.

The 32-year-old finished 13th, one lap behind team-mate and race winner Charles Leclerc.

But Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri stood by his main driver amid mounting pressure.

“I don’t like that people are trying to write him off,” he said.

“He’s a great driver and I fully trust that he will return to the top again. We just have to make sure his mood comes back up.”

Meanwhile, Vettel insisted he was not worried about his recent errors.

“The speed is there so I am not worried. It is just a matter of putting things together,” he said.

“On my side, I am not happy, certainly not with how it went with that spin.

“After that the race was pretty much lost from there but at least the team was still going and after it was close with Kimi [Raikkonen] last year, this time at least Charles sealed the victory at the end for the team.”

Source: Read Full Article